- Assists the Executive Director by providing analysis of payer contracts and negotiates Fee for Service Payments and Value Based Incentive Payments.
- Prepares an annual budget for Administration and other departments; monitors the performance including direction on keeping within budget.
- Analyzes various reimbursement categories
- Completes analysis including reports for special projects.
- Monitors accountant prepared monthly financial reports.
- Monitors accountant prepared tax returns.
- Manages bank account for Administration and several other departments. Participates in organization activities for the development of services, process improvement and other operations as requested.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in healthcare finance. Experience with a healthcare insurance company a plus.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to all facets of the practice including Clinical Operations, Business Services, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Regulatory, and Compliance.
- Provide leadership to the Board of Directors in developing an effective strategic plan and execute short and long-term strategic goals and objectives in support of the strategic plan.
- Examine, develop, and recommend new business opportunities, partnerships, and strategic alliances in support of the strategic plan and short / long term objectives.
- Oversee efforts of administrative staff in the recruitment, development, and performance evaluations of employees.
- Manage contracts with all third-party payers, negotiate maximum reimbursement rates and other favorable contractual terms in conjunction with Billing Director.
- Manage and negotiate all professional service contracts, office leases and major equipment acquisitions.
- Manage real-estate acquisitions, leases, and LLCs for PAR owned properties.
- Manage and negotiate PAR’s insurance policies, including health, medical malpractice, disability, workers compensation, cyber, and criminal liability.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, construct and oversee a system of governance; continually evaluate effectiveness of bylaws, policies, and political dynamics.
- Ensure practice compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery. Continually monitor operations, programs, and physical properties and initiates appropriate changes.
- Develop effective marketing plan in support of practice’s strategic plan and short / long term objectives in conjunction with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Monitor overall clinical and business image of practice, report to Board of Directors areas to be addressed and provide solutions for resolution.
Position: Division Manager
- Directly supervises all personnel, except for those issues directly involving medical judgement
- Recruit, hire, and terminate personnel as needed
- Conduct personnel performance and salary reviews
- Arrange and maintain records for personnel schedules, vacations, sick leave, etc
- Maintain payroll records as required by law
- Plan and conduct staff meetings
- Maintain active and up to date licensing and insurance documents for all physicians/clinicians
- Prepare and oversee practice compliance programs
- Stay up to date on HR issues, laws and regulations, ensure office policies are in compliance. Effectively communicate all concerns or issues to division owners/shareholders
- Attend and maintain records for owner/shareholder meetings
- Plan monthly meetings and physician/clinician team schedule
- Prepare provider call schedules
- Oversee patient schedules to meet needs of providers
- Determine and change staff assignments and position descriptions as needed
- Develop and maintain records for the annual budget
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions
- Review and approve all accounts payable for payment
- Prepare monthly productivity reports, review and analyze the same reports with owners/shareholders
- Act as liaison between owners/shareholders and other advisors
- Monitor retirement fund payments for active participants
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearend tax reports
- Oversee system to ensure accurate posting of charges and payments on accounts
- Post payments and charges to accounts to assist staff as needed
- Oversee system for handling aged accounts
- Keep updated on billing and coding changes and communicate the same to staff
- Review monthly accounts receivable
- Perform chart audits to monitor for correct coding
- Proficient with electronic medical records (Allscripts), practice management software, Microsoft Office, and Quickbooks a must
- Ability to institute new processes as needed
- Remain up to date on laws and regulations regarding Division business systems
- Coordinate and assist in resolution of IT issues with PPV IT management
- Ensure staff and providers are trained and up to date with latest changes and requirements of EMR and other IT systems
- Ensure office is well maintained
- Assist in selecting and ordering needed equipment and supplies
- Other duties as requested or assigned
- Managing the daily operations of the practice with high attention to detail
- Actively participating in departmental weekly meetings
- Accountable for the hiring/termination process, evaluation, and retention of staff
- Overseeing the staffing schedule and ensuring full coverage
- Appropriately and professionally resolving conflicts within staff
- Consulting in the areas of accounts receivables, inventory, research, marketing, human resources, and medical billing
Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc., (GSI) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to replace our current leader upon his retirement in March 2022. GSI is an independent gastroenterology practice based in Central Virginia. With 18 physicians, 14 advanced practice providers, and 2 outpatient endoscopy centers, GSI is one of the largest independent gastroenterology practices in the Mid-Atlantic.
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors and work closely with the practice’s Managing Partner and Managing Partner Elect, supported by a superb senior leadership team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide effective leadership and oversight to all facets of the practice
- Develop, champion, and implement an effective strategic plan
- Identify, recommend, and pursue new business opportunities, partnerships, and strategic alliances
- Manage and negotiate payer contracts, insurance policies, and other legal agreements
- Manage real-estate acquisitions, leases, and LLCs
- Foster a collaborative, safe and supportive environment where all have an opportunity to grow and be recognized for their contributions
- Ensure practice compliance with all regulatory agencies
EDUCATION: MHA, or MBA, or MS in health administration or business administration. Professional development courses in health care management.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of executive level experience in healthcare.
This is a full-time position offering comprehensive benefits, and competitive salary and bonusing package.
Please submit your resume confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer.