Position: Commonwealth Radiology Billing Office Manager
Commonwealth Radiology is a well-established medical practice with over 30 radiologists who are board certified by the American Board of Radiology. The physicians have subspecialty training and expertise in abdominal imaging, breast imaging, musculoskeletal imaging, neuroradiology, nuclear medicine, pediatric radiology, and vascular and interventional radiology. Commonwealth Radiology provides imaging services for both inpatients and outpatients at the Bon Secours Richmond Health System.
The Billing Office Manager oversees the day-to-day activities within the billing office to achieve the business and financial goals of the organization. Billing Office responsibilities include patient billing and collection, third party payer relations and preparation / submission of insurance claims.
- Oversee the medical billing of procedures generated by 30+ radiologists in five area hospitals and affiliated imaging centers, medical centers, and other local area contracts.
- Recruits, orients, evaluates, and monitors on-the-job performance of billing office employees. Provides counsel, and discipline for billing office employees.
- Promote an environment that encourages optimal efficiency and staff retention.
- Provide staff supervision, motivation, direction, and development to ensure optimal productivity.
- Ensures organization is meeting established goals by reviewing daily, weekly, and monthly statistical reports, billing policies and procedures (e.g., charges, procedures, revenue, claims, collections, productivity, AR days)
- Performs end of month reconciliation
- Trains staff in billing office policy changes.
- Manages the billing office in compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintains patient and practice confidentiality as outlined in HIPAA guidelines.
- Oversees the Supervision of the Billing Office Teams
- Ensures daily billing office activities such as bank deposits, insurance claims and payments are timely and accurate.
- Reviews monthly reports with the Supervisor of each Billing Office Team; Develops goals and strategies based on reporting data
- Ensures claims are filed timely with third-party payers and cash flow is monitored and reported appropriately
- Ensures monthly reporting to Controller and COO
- Works with Coding Supervisor to institute correct coding procedures; to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Stays current on Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Stays current on policies and procedures for commercial payers and products
- Communicates and maintains working relationships with insurance representatives, collection agency, physicians, and team supervisors.
- Interacts and communicates with radiologists (statistical, audit assessment and reporting)
- Evaluates and employs, as appropriate, the latest trends in technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the billing office
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with medical billing trends and practices.
- Assists with oversight, upgrade and repair of hardware and software for billing office computer systems.
- Electronic data interchange (Demographic/radiology report files, electronic insurance claims, paper claims, patient statements/letters, and collection accounts)
- Computer software liaison (Clearinghouse, print mail vendor, facilities, collection agency)
- Medical billing system support liaison (Problem solving, DLL and version upgrades)
- Coordinates billing arrangements for outside read agreements
- Supports Controller and COO as needed (special projects, statistical analysis, contract negotiations, fee schedule analysis)
- Researches, organizes, and resolves major issues with insurance carriers (Federal Programs – MIPS)
- Assists with physician credentialing in conjunction with Executive Assistant
- Manages collector Tickler
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Personnel management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise discretion
- Strong problem-solving and research skills
- Skill in exercising high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems and practice management systems
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Medical Billing Software including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) functionality
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State and Commercial health care plans
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years medical billing office experience (i.e., medical collection and reimbursement experience) with two years as department manager or assistant department manager
- Minimum five years’ experience supervising and directing employees
- Coding certification (CPC) preferred
- 401k w/match, health & dental insurance, health savings account, life insurance, paid time off
Please send resumes directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Sr. Practice Administrator
Pulmonary Associates of Richmond, Inc. is committed to providing quality pulmonary and sleep medicine in the central Virginia region and is seeking a Sr. Practice Administrator to lead the group in its continued growth. PAR has been around since 1974 and is one of the nation’s largest private pulmonary practices, with 29 physicians, 19 APCs, and 200 employees working in six outpatient facilities in the greater Richmond area.
The Sr. Practice Administrator will report to the Board of Directors and is responsible for providing strategic leadership at the senior level, overseeing all practice operations and related lines of business while ensuring/creating an environment where staff are highly engaged and focused on providing the highest level of care and compassion to patients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to all facets of the practice including Clinical Operations, Business Services, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Regulatory, and Compliance.
- Provide leadership to the Board of Directors in developing an effective strategic plan and execute short- and long-term strategic goals and objectives in support of the strategic plan.
- Examine, develop, and recommend new business opportunities, partnerships, and strategic alliances in support of the strategic plan and short / long term objectives.
- Oversee efforts of administrative staff in the recruitment, development, and performance evaluations of employees.
- Manage contracts with all third-party payers, negotiate maximum reimbursement rates and other favorable contractual terms in conjunction with Billing Director.
- Manage and negotiate all professional service contracts, office leases and major equipment acquisitions.
- Manage real-estate acquisitions, leases, and LLCs for PAR owned properties.
- Manage and negotiate PAR’s insurance policies, including health, medical malpractice, disability, workers compensation, cyber, and criminal liability.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, construct and oversee a system of governance; continually evaluate effectiveness of bylaws, policies, and political dynamics.
- Ensure practice compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery. Continually monitor operations, programs, and physical properties and initiates appropriate changes.
- Develop effective marketing plan in support of practice’s strategic plan and short / long term objectives in conjunction with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Monitor overall clinical and business image of practice, report to Board of Directors areas to be addressed and provide solutions for resolution.
EDUCATION: MHA, or MBA, or MS in health administration or business administration. Professional development courses in health care management.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of executive level experience in healthcare.
This is a full-time position offering comprehensive benefits, and competitive salary and bonusing package.
Please submit your resume to Carrie Gillard at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager will oversee the daily workflow of all human resource programs/activities of the practice including, but not limited to, recruiting, and onboarding staff, administering benefits programs, compensation, and performance management, establishing and enforcing company policies, developing and promoting a positive company culture, and serving as a trusted advisor to providers, management and staff.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, expert knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking abilities, ability to prioritize in high volume of demands and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Serve as the expert owner for all matters regarding regulatory and legal compliance with employment laws, including any related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the American with Disabilities Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor, and workers compensation.
- Work closely with management to develop human resource practices that support and enable a patient-focused, high-performing culture emphasizing teamwork, honesty, compassion, respect, and quality care.
- Coordinate and administer performance review process to include new hire 90-day orientation period, annual review, and merit qualifications.
- Counsel and advise management in progressive discipline and appropriate resolution of employee relations issues to ensure uniform application of company policy and practice. Review and advise on recommendations for termination of employment.
- Manage and coordinate all benefit administration to include education, new hire enrollment, qualifying events, open enrollment, monthly invoice auditing, broker relationship, and reporting.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the practice attracts and retains top talent. Updating job descriptions and adjusting salary ranges based on internal and external market data.
- Provide full cycle hiring process including sourcing, recruitment, screening, interviewing, candidate selection, employment offers, background checks, on boarding and orientation.
- Manage and serve as expert for the HRIS database (Paylocity). Providing reporting and analysis to executive management upon request.
- Administer and coordinate unemployment claims.
- Responsible for monitoring employee satisfaction, engagement, and morale across all six office locations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, employee relations, training, recruitment, and benefits administration
- Demonstrated active listening skills and the ability to mediate, negotiate and communicate in difficult situations.
- Knowledge and objectivity to coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Ability to develop relationships, impact and influence all levels of the organization.
- Strong professional ethics to manage highly confidential and sensitive information
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, staff and management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instruction and seek guidance as needed.
Education and Experience:
- 5 or more years HR generalist experience required
- PHR or SHRM certification required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Controller/Business Manager
Tuckahoe Orthopaedic Associates, a highly respected practice in central Virginia, is seeking a dynamic person to fill a key leadership position with responsibility for all administrative functions associated with the practice and several of its affiliate companies, including the following:
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Payroll and physician compensation methodology
- Governmental reporting, including, but not limited to: 5500, EEOC, 401(k) notifications, CMS reports
- Procurement of various insurances (malpractice, general business, group health, life and other benefits)
- Contract administration
- Administration of employee benefits and retirement plan
- Interface with outside billing company during accounts receivable runout period
- Management of corporate compliance programs
- Plans and attends all Executive Committee and Board meetings
Minimum Requirements for Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Progressive management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Ability to problem solve and work independently, especially during a transition period
- Requires a high level of judgement and excellent decision-making ability
Please forward your resume to Denise Nichols at email@example.com Thank you for your interest in Tuckahoe Orthopaedic Associates.
Position: Director, Revenue Cycle Management
Vascular Surgery Associates
The Director, Revenue Cycle Management for a medium sized physician’s practice will oversee the company’s business office function ensuring proper controls, serving as management designee for IT functions and compliance as well as provide leadership and support for Medicare payment programs. The Director, Revenue Cycle Management is a leader who provides excellent customer service in a professional manner while adhering to practice mission and values and applicable regulations.
- Oversees business office operation, monitoring processes, statistics and function to optimize efficiency and revenue capture.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, develops recommendations, handles change management and ensures changes are assimilated properly into the operation.
- Serves as a champion and super-user of practice management system, leveraging technology to improve results, monitoring new solutions and applications and updating the approach periodically.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of compliance rules and ensures compliance considerations are integrated into processes and consistently followed.
- Utilizes excellent communication and leadership capabilities to unify and motivate business office staff towards desired goals while maximizing execution, driving a culture of excellence.
- Serves as member of the practice management team and liaison to the Board for areas of responsibility, maintaining effective two-way communication.
- Espouses a professional work environment grounded by strong customer service and results.
Requirements and desired qualifications:
- College degree highly desirable, preferably in a business related minor.
- Demonstrated experience working with technical applications and office equipment.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of insurance environment and technical aspects of claims processing cycle.
- 3-5 years of experience managing business office processes and procedures.
Thank you for your interest!
Position: Financial Analyst
The Virginia Eye Institute is hiring! VEI is a large and dynamic practice of ophthalmologists and optometrists in the Richmond, VA area, including eight locations and an ambulatory surgery center. We are searching for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team working in the Huguenot Bridge location. We are seeking candidates with passion and dedication. If this sounds like you, keep reading!!
We are seeking reliable candidates with outstanding attention to detail skills and excellent customer service skills. The ideal candidate will be a team-player, self-starter, friendly, motivated, organized, and have the ability to work independently while sustaining a team environment. A caring demeanor and the ability to build and maintain patient rapport is critical. The candidate must be highly productive, eager to learn, and motivated to succeed.
This position will support the CFO and the financial team with accurate analyses, financial processes (budgeting, forecasting, etc.), effective reporting, and insightful financial advice. The Financial Analyst is responsible for completing financial activities for the purpose of accurate and timely reporting both internally and externally. Will assist in the development of technical solutions to complex business issues by creating spreadsheets to be utilized by others on the management team, forecasting, and trend analysis.
- Perform technical data analysis and develop spreadsheets for forecasting and trend analysis.
- Communications exception items with all relevant areas to ensure accuracy of data on an ongoing basis.
- Develop forecasting models including appropriate variance analyses using historical data and insightful prediction techniques to purpose recommendations.
- Complete financial analyses that accurately reflect business health including contribution margin, EBITDA, ROI, etc. along with full explanation and interpretation of results.
- Designs reports that communicate performance, identify issues, and contribute to better management decisions including identification and exploitation of best practices.
- Monitor performance metrics, explain variances, and offer ideas for performance improvement.
- Analyze staffing requirements based on activity drivers, monitoring trends, tracking variances, and developing predictive insights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or other Business related degree; Master’s degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years financial analysis experience required
Knowledge of financial management and analysis in healthcare preferred
Knowledge of accounting standards and practices required
Experience with eClinicalworks a plus
Effective communication skills required and the ability to work with associates of all levels within the organization
Ability maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Windows-based software applications (i.e. Word, Excel)
Demonstrates attention to detail
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on the www.vaeye.com website.
We offer a great work environment with competitive salary & benefits and continuing education and advancement programs. Join us today!!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Operations Manager
The operations manager will serve as an integral member of the management team at Virginia Physicians for Women. This position will report directly to the COO and work out of the Midlothian Turnpike Office with occasional travel between other office locations. The individual will manage across multiple departments to ensure excellent patient experience, service quality, financial results, and optimum utilization of resources.
- Lead and provide expert guidance to the Call Center, Front Desk, Medical Records, Authorizations and Surgery Scheduling.
- Work closely with the business office to support revenue cycle management and ensure seamless workflow between departments.
- Manages the performance results regarding patient experience, patient volume, financial outcomes, and service standards.
- Oversee and coordinate patient survey results to ensure collaboration between different service lines within the practice to maintain quality patient experience.
- Serve as subject matter expert for EMR system to provide guidance, training, and reporting functions.
- Continuously evaluate patient flow across all six office locations to ensure appropriate utilization of business resources. Monitor wait times for the patients and manage the workflow accordingly.
- Proactively fill-in on all positions qualified for when absences or patient volumes warrant additional help.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of practice workflows and functions, EMR Systems and Practice Performance metrics.
- Leadership skills to serve as a role model, coach and facilitator.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, employees, and management.
- Strong professional ethics to manage highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and resolve multiple projects / initiatives with competing deadlines and ability to creatively solve problems when obstacles arise
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Five plus years experience in the healthcare industry (preferred clinical setting)
- Two plus years experience in a management role
If interested, please send resume to: HR@vpfw.com