Medical Billing Specialist
Pediatric practice with three locations is seeking a qualified Medical Billing Specialist for a Full time 40 hour/week position. Position is responsible for the support of all in-office billing functions, to include payment posting, denials management, insurance claim appeals, patient collections, etc. This position works closely with our operations manager, to ensure that all claims are submitted accurately, timely, and payments are received and posted appropriately, resulting in a healthy aging.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in a medical billing position. Individual must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, have excellent attention to detail, and a desire to learn and grow. Past experience working on an electronic medical record and practice management system is required.
Specific duties include:
- Insurance claims payment posting and processing. This includes strong understanding of allowed amounts, adjustments, remarks codes, and basic understanding of E/M codes.
- Answer patient phone calls regarding billing questions. This includes answering questions about balances, looking into denied claims, and processing patient credit card payments over the phone.
- Daily denial management and follow up. This includes zero pay EOBs, and working from unpaid claims reports.
- Working from clearinghouse generated reports to correct insurance and coding issues before claims are sent off to payers.
- Some knowledge of the patient collection process. May be assigned to call patients to set up payment arrangements on past due balances.
- Keeping a daily deposit log, if payments are being posted.
- Preparing bank deposits of insurance checks and patient checks sent through the mail.
- May be trained to complete patient referral paperwork, depending on department needs.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. Hours 8:30am to 5:00pm. Rate of pay depends on past experience. Benefits and 401k available. Please send resumes and correspondence to email@example.com
Virginia College is currently seeking adjunct instructors (both day and night) for Allied Health Programs which include:
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Office
- Pharmacy Technician
Medical Office Manager
Commonwealth Primary Care
Responsible for administering, directing, planning and coordination all clinical, clerical, and administrative office activities.
- Manages daily operations, coordinates the work activities of all assigned staff and delegates authority as necessary.
- Administers clinical policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner.
- Monitors appointments, patient flow, medical records, medical transcription systems and staff.
- Review reports generated through Quality Programs and follow up with clinical staff as appropriate.
- Completes forms/applications for physician credentialing, licensing, etc.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises assigned clerical and clinical personnel.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Handles various personnel matters including forms and procedures as required.
- Processes office timesheets and manages overtime for assigned staff.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Ensures that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary. Ensures that office is staffed appropriately.
- Ensures that office space, supplies, equipment and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care.
- Orders and maintains office supply inventory, ensures that mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
- Helps staff establish deadlines for work assignments and completion. Monitors work status and progress.
- Ensures that requests for information are handled promptly and effectively.
- Works with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality patient care is provided.
- Attends required meeting and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
- Prepares reports and manages assigned projects.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
EDUCATION: Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree in health or business administration preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of office management experience including two years in a health care organization.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter: CPCHR@cpcva.com.
Business Office Manager
Affiliated Dermatologists of Virginia is seeking an energetic and experienced team player to oversee and manage the business operations of the practice. The successful candidate will work closely with the Administrator, physicians and support staff, be a creative and analytic thinker, and able to grasp the nuances of the ever-changing health care environment. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following: Patient support services (Call Center, Scheduling, Front Office), Billing Office, (Revenue Cycle management), Credentialing, Medical Records, Health Information Management and supply ordering. Experience with Allscripts PM/EMR software a plus.
The candidate should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in medical business office processes and management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding and office procedures.
- Knowledge of third-party and Insurance Company operating procedures, regulations and billing requirements.
- Broad-based knowledge and familiarity with relevant insurance regulations and HIPAA.
- Ability to conceptualize work flow, develop plans, and implement appropriate actions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effect working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management.
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to: Anne Wolff, Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Finance
Sheltering Arms provides a patient-centered atmosphere inspiring patients to find The Power to Overcome. With a 125+ year legacy, the newest technologies, and a dedicated team who are experts in their field, miracles happen within our doors every day. What inspires you?
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking a Director of Finance to join our growing team. This position will report to the VP/CFO and be responsible for oversight and management of all accounting and reporting functions of the organization.
- Supports the Mission of Sheltering Arms
- Oversees General Accounting, A/P and Payroll staff
- Maintains the General Ledger, ensures accurate general ledger reconciliations to A/R subsystems and is responsible for monthly closing activities to accurately reflect operational performance, minimize year-end audit adjustments and to support financial and operational decision making
- Consistently prepares and analyzes financial data and reports in an accurate and timely manner including preparation of monthly and annual internal and external financial reports including monitoring actual to budgeted results
- Manages organizational cash flow and treasury management functions
- Coordinates year-end Financial Audit and assists with 403b Audit
- Coordinates preparation and completion of annual Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports and Form 990’s
- Prepare insurance renewal applications for review and submission
- Maintains and utilizes specialized knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Provides direction, leadership and financial information to company leadership
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and local government laws and regulations
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA and or MBA/MHA preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of GAAP, non-profit and investment accounting, budgeting and financial analysis
- 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible healthcare financial and accounting management experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills to develop and implement new systems, processes and improvement in business practice and performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to allow interaction with all levels of leadership
Please click here to apply.
Chief Operations Officer
Join the premier cancer treatment center on the East Coast – Virginia Cancer Institute a well respected; growing medical practice in Richmond Virginia is seeking key member for the executive team working closely with the CEO. The position will collaborate with leaders, providers and staff to formulate and implement initiatives for clinical quality and operational excellence, achieving best practice in patient satisfaction, patient safety, clinical outcomes, operational alignment, financial value and provider satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have the following requirements:
- MBA/MHA from accredited college/university with at least seven years of working knowledge of health-care management methods, financial management practices and general health-care market trends and the trends in the local and regional markets.
- Knowledge of the financial implications of decisions, including budgeting and forecasting. Working knowledge of all relevant regulatory compliance and certification standards and federal, state and local legislation.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and executive management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple diverse departments, and effectively motivate, inspire, and communicate with individuals and groups. Detail oriented.
- Extensive experience successfully working with physicians in clinical, educational, and research settings to evolve health-care delivery services that are responsive to the needs of communities served and financially viable for all concerned.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
VCI offers a professional and encouraging work place, which includes a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please forward your resume with cover letter summarizing relevant job history and personal goals to the following:
Human Resources Director
7202 Glen Forest Drive, Suite 200
Richmond, Virginia 23230
Assistant Administrator of Operations
Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc., is seeking an energetic and experienced team player to be its Assistant Administrator of Operations. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder, a creative and analytical leader, and someone with the ability to grasp both the small details and the bigger picture. This person will be responsible for the following facets of our practice: Patient Support Services (call center, scheduling, and authorizations), Clinics (front office, medical assistants, and scheduling), Medical Records, and Quality Initiatives. The Assistant Administrator of Operations will report to the practice Administrator.
We are looking for someone with at least five years’ leadership or management experience, ideally in the medical practice setting, and for someone who likes to work as part of a cohesive team. Competitive salary? Check. Good benefits? Check. A good place to work? I sure like to call it home.
If interested, please send a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com.
Large growing Dermatology practice is actively seeking a Medical Practice Administrator for their dynamic organization. This position reports to the physician owners and will be responsible for leading the medical practice and implementing the strategic direction of the medical practice, including but not limited to: staff management, financial performance and management, operations, billing and collections, marketing, strategic planning, health records administration, analytical reporting and practice growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership and direction to the staff to ensure efficient use of staff and organizational resources
- Evaluate practice financial performance.
- Manage daily operations of the business, providing guidance and oversight of all business office functions to maximize profitability.
- Responsible for overseeing the billing and collections of the practice.
- Develops and reports on physician performance metrics as well as practice efficiency.
- Seeks opportunities to promote the growth of the practice.
- Experienced with maintenance of Electronic Health Records and related interfaces.
- Experienced in Meaningful Use, all stages, MIPS, PQRS, OSHA, CLIA and other compliance programs.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Medical practice management experience
- Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9/ICD10
- HCPCS coding and compliance
- Insurance rules and regulations
- State and federal laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience in practice administration or office management in a medical office setting
Practice offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including: bonus program, rich 401K program, health insurance and paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.