- Oversees business office operation, monitoring processes, statistics and function to optimize efficiency and revenue capture.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, develops recommendations, handles change management and ensures changes are assimilated properly into the operation.
- Serves as a champion and super-user of practice management system, leveraging technology to improve results, monitoring new solutions and applications and updating the approach periodically.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of compliance rules and ensures compliance considerations are integrated into processes and consistently followed.
- Utilizes excellent communication and leadership capabilities to unify and motivate business office staff towards desired goals while maximizing execution, driving a culture of excellence.
- Serves as member of the practice management team and liaison to the Board for areas of responsibility, maintaining effective two-way communication.
- Espouses a professional work environment grounded by strong customer service and results.
- College degree highly desirable, preferably in a business related minor.
- Demonstrated experience working with technical applications and office equipment.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of insurance environment and technical aspects of claims processing cycle.
- 3-5 years of experience managing business office processes and procedures.
Position: Financial Analyst
- Perform technical data analysis and develop spreadsheets for forecasting and trend analysis.
- Communications exception items with all relevant areas to ensure accuracy of data on an ongoing basis.
- Develop forecasting models including appropriate variance analyses using historical data and insightful prediction techniques to purpose recommendations.
- Complete financial analyses that accurately reflect business health including contribution margin, EBITDA, ROI, etc. along with full explanation and interpretation of results.
- Designs reports that communicate performance, identify issues, and contribute to better management decisions including identification and exploitation of best practices.
- Monitor performance metrics, explain variances, and offer ideas for performance improvement.
- Analyze staffing requirements based on activity drivers, monitoring trends, tracking variances, and developing predictive insights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Assures the integrity and stability of revenue and billing data and provides direction for complex business decision making for operations.
- Identifies, establishes and implements internal controls to ensure a compliant environment.
- Provides leadership in a team environment, teams functional and technical activities and changes.
- Provides direction and interprets revenue cycle key performance indicators with significant institutional impact
- Is recognized and relied upon to synthesize various subject matter expert inputs to formulate solutions and implement change for multi-disciplinary or complex technical issues.
- Coordinates the development of programs and processes for Revenue Cycle operational areas.
- Interprets and implements billing rules, regulatory compliance, policies and regulations.
- Stays abreast of emerging issues and risks and plans accordingly. Identify strategies that lead to improved financial performance and follow through on their implementation while preserving VEI standards and minimizing the financial and legal risks.
- Directs managers, reviews and interprets results of variable-sensitive business models and/or compliance or business operations.
- Participates in establishing an environment that leads to efficient Revenue Cycle operations and adheres to complicated and ambiguous billing rules and regulations (all payers).
- Responsible for recruitment, development and performance management within areas of responsibility, translating the departmental vision into meaningful and effective results.
- Spearheads change and leads others in implementation.
- Promotes effective change management practices. Initiates, leads and facilitates institutional workgroups or complex projects.
- Manages and prioritizes limited resources across multi-disciplinary, multi-site teams to maximize efficiency.
- Participates in establishing the strategic direction of work teams or service lines incorporating an awareness of the internal and external environment.
- Handles ambiguous situations in a productive and professional manner and leads others through such situations successfully.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other related degree or medical billing / coding certification required; MBA or Masters Healthcare Administration preferred.
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in professional fee billing and reimbursements in a healthcare environment
- Minimum of five (5) years people management experience
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and effectively address billing adversities with billing staff, insurance carriers, and internal departments
- Knowledge of outpatient coding, billing, and reimbursement of insurance as well at third-party billing.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software applications (i.e. Word, Excel), Executive Level required
- Experience with eClinicalworks preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with vendors, physicians, management, associates, and co-workers
- Ability maintain a high degree of confidentiality
The operations manager will serve as a leader for a growing medical practice in the Richmond community. The individual will manage across multiple departments to ensure service quality, financial results, optimum utilization of resources, efficient delivery of services and a superior patient experience.
- Manage and provide expert guidance to the following departments: Front Desk, Call Center, Surgery Scheduling, Medical Records, Referrals and Authorizations
- Ensure high team member morale and a professional, effective, and efficient working atmosphere.
- Counsel, mentor and support direct reports to ensure effective fulfillment of job duties and responsibilities.
- Effectively serve as a fill-in on all positions qualified for when absences or patient volumes warrant additional help.
- Work closely with the business office to support revenue cycle management.
- Serve as subject matter expert for EMR system to provide guidance, training, and reporting functions.
- Manage and coordinate patient survey results to ensure collaboration between different services within the practice to maintain quality patient experience.
- Continuously evaluate patient flow through the multiple office locations to ensure appropriate utilization of business resources. Monitor wait times for the patients and manage the workflow accordingly.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and scope of services provided by the practice to sustain competitive advantage across Richmond community.
- Owns the performance results regarding patient experience, patient volume, financial outcomes, and service standards.
- Actively participate in local, state and national organizations to increase networking and knowledge base of best industry practices.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills to serve as a role model, coach and facilitator.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, staff, and management. Manage and resolve patient complaints in a professional and effective manner.
- Strong working knowledge of practice workflows and functions, EMR Systems and Practice Performance metrics.
- Ability to assess and monitor operational performance metrics.
- Strong professional ethics to manage highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instruction and seek guidance as needed.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and resolve multiple projects / initiatives with competing deadlines and ability to creatively solve problems when obstacles arise
- Working knowledge of patient flow and scheduling
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the healthcare industry preferably in a clinical setting.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a medical office management role
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com