Assistant Billing Office Manager
New opportunity for qualified candidate to assist Director in daily billing operations for a multi-location specialist physician practice. Responsibilities include resolution of billing denials, manage month end procedures, onboarding and training in billing procedures for staff, detecting trends in appropriate coding and proven successful A/R management. Allscripts practice management software experience a plus. Required AAPC coding certification with at least 3 years of progressive medical billing experience. Excellent compensation package. To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Clinical Supervisor, Dermatology
This position is responsible for managing the daily operations related to nursing care in line with clinical practice standards
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established and regulatory standards, confidentiality and medical record documentation (including MIPS workflows).
- Provides direct supervision to nurses and subordinate staff.
- Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff/physicians on patient issues.
- Ensures that clinic is staffed appropriately.
- Collaborates with administration on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training and evaluating nursing staff.
- Collaborates with administration/physicians on development and implementation of nursing department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budgets and work standards
- Works with administration to accurately monitor all clinical logs for accuracy and completion.
- Oversite of CLIA/ OSHA/HIPAA standards, implementation and training.
- Oversite of clinical supplies and ordering.
- Provides on-going in-service training for clinical staff.
- Assists in triage care, and as a PRN float nurse.
- Prepares reports at the direction of administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: BSN from accredited school of nursing
Current state RN license
Minimum 3 years of professional nursing experience including supervisory-level experience, preferably in a medical setting.
Interested candidates respond with cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Controller – Virginia Physicians for Women (VPFW)
- Provide financial leadership on business office functions, to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, collections, payer performance and general ledger functions.
- Provide budget analysis and financial review for management.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports on the performance of the practice, ancillary services and physicians.
- Prepare agenda and leads monthly meetings with the Finance Committee.
- Partner with Human Resources to manage the 401K, biweekly payroll and physician compensation plan.
- Manage banking relationships to oversee cash investment, borrowing and asset management to minimize costs and maximize yields.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, developing and recommending financial strategies.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for the practice ensuring competitive pricing.
- Prepare business license and personal property tax returns.
- Represent the practice to financial partners, including financial institutions, insurers, auditors and vendors.
- Consistently review internal processes to ensure that the proper controls are in place.
- Lead analytical initiative and prepare monthly and ad hoc management reports on the performance of the practice, physicians and support staff.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of medical business office procedure and accounting principles.
- Strong leadership skills to serve as a role model, coach, motivator and facilitator.
- Exceptional analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to continually improve the Practice.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, staff and management.
- Strong professional ethics to manage highly confidential and sensitive information
Education and Experience:
- Experience with multiple software programs to include Excel and QuickBooks.
- BS degree in finance/accounting/business administration.
- 5 years’ experience in a management role in finance with knowledge of medical billing, coding and collections preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the healthcare industry preferably in a clinical setting.
Please email resume to Sarah Faulkner at email@example.com.
Human Resource Manager
Exciting full time opportunity for an HR manager with our successful specialty medical practice. We are seeking a motivated individual who reports directly to the CEO. Responsible for performing a variety of administrative and professional tasks in human resources management such as:
- Compensation, benefits, staffing, payroll, regulatory compliance.
- Advise and assist CEO with personnel management.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, HRIS, ATS and accounting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication, strong analytical skills; independent, organized; able to relate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 5 years experience in HR, or management position with HR focus in medical industry preferred.
Excellent benefits and compensation package. Please e-mail resume with cover letter expressing interest and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc., is looking for an Office Manager for its St. Mary’s and Henrico Doctors’ offices. We are looking for an energetic and happy person who enjoys being part of a team. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder and someone with the ability to grasp both the small details and the bigger picture. The Office Manager will report to our Assistant Administrator of Operations.
- Lead the staff of two busy offices.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to exceptional patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to develop and implement plans and motivate staff.
- Interact effectively and professionally with all staff.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and friendly work environment.
- Identify and resolve work problems.
- Supervise and lead by example the daily operations of the offices.
- Assist in managing personnel-related activities, including time off requests, disciplinary documentation, performance evaluations and overtime management.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring and training of staff.
- Foster teamwork between staff and physicians.
- Ensure that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
- Provide administrative support and other duties as assigned.
- LPN or Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- 2+ years of clinical office management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with EMR is required.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental & vision insurance, group life insurance, short-term & long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and excellent paid time off. If you are dedicated to providing outstanding patient care, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter to: Jvaughan@gastrova.com or fax (804) 804 289-1243.
Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity.
Pediatric practice with offices in the West end and Mechanicsville seeks a full-time and part-time medical assistants. Duties include, escort patients to exam room, document vital signs, weight, height and medical history. Experience with Allscripts EHR a plus. Please forward resume to email@example.com.
Human Resource Manager
Virginia Ear, Nose & Throat is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resource Manager with strong organizational, computer and communication skills. Reports to the CEO and responsibilities include recruiting and on-boarding new employees, benefit administration, payroll and serving as backup for AP functions. At least 2 years exp in a medical office setting required. Experience with Paychex, bswift, Peachtree and Allscripts strongly preferred. Competitive salary & benefit package for qualified candidate. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Physicians for Women is looking for a Collections Specialist to join our Midlothian Turnpike office. We are looking for an individual who has excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic and the ability to multitask in a high volume environment.
- Manages all in house collection accounts.
- Monitors insurance claims and patient delinquency to obtain reimbursement in the most expedient manner for the practice.
- Responsible for the review and turnover of aged accounts to an outside collection agency and/or attorneys.
- Completes the reconciliation of accounts that are turned over to outside agencies.
- Works with patients to resolve denied claim issues
- Discuss and coordinate payment plan options with patients.
- Generates delinquent letters and tags for follow up action.
- Posts credit card and lockbox payments to patient accounts.
- Receives payments from collection agency and attorneys and posts to accounts.
- Handles all incoming bankruptcy documentation.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to deliver difficult conversations with patients while always providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates proficiency in 3rd party insurance collections, account receivable collections, automated billing systems and medical software.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instruction and seeks guidance as needed.
- Perform work within appropriate time frame, accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work load.
- Ability to recognize and resolve billing problems under tight deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years previous medical billing experience
- 2 years previous medical collections experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Greenway Prime Suite experience
Interested Parties Contact: Sarah Faulkner at email@example.com.
Clinic Manager – AfterHours Pediatrics
Pediatric Partners of Virginia, LLC – Richmond, VA
Job Description Position Overview: The AfterHours Pediatrics (AHP) Clinic Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership, growth, marketing, administration and performance of all aspects of the AHP Clinic activities to ensure accomplishment of its objectives. Reports to the President & CEO of Pediatric Partners of Virginia (PPV). Learn more about AfterHours Pediatrics at http://ahpkids.com.
Core Responsibilities: *Ensuring that the clinic(s) is opened and closed in accordance with operating hours, and is appropriately staffed. *Hiring, training, and supervision of clinical and administrative staff. *Ensuring that business functions and clinical activities are in compliance with all company policies and procedures. *Maintaining properly functioning equipment while overseeing its maintenance and repair. *Ordering inventory and monitoring usage of supplies. *Interacting with patients, and addressing and resolving customer service concerns. *Balancing the cash drawer and making daily bank deposits. *Coordinating and facilitating vendor activities and services. *In conjunction with the PPV Central Business Office (CBO), overseeing the billing function and resolving refunds, billing holds, and accounting corrections. *Acting as a backup for the front desk and clinical staff when there is a staffing shortage or high patient demand.
Education and Experience: *High school diploma (or equivalent) and at least 5 years’ experience in a management role, ideally at an urgent care clinic or primary care medical practice. *Proven understanding of medical terminology, medical billing functions and systems, and medical coding. *Current and comprehensive training in HIPPA, OSHA, and all aspects of blood-borne pathogens. *Proficiency with common PC programs and applications such as internet, email, and Microsoft Office productivity tools. Experience with Allscripts PM system a plus. *Familiarity with and the ability to utilize a profit-and-loss report toward developing actions plans that maximize clinic profitability. *In-depth understanding of the principles and processes of high-level customer service, including customer issue resolution and assuring a consistently superior level of service. *Proven proficiency in supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff via interpersonal and communication skills.
Physical / Mental Demands: *Work may require some hand dexterity for office machine operation, frequent stooping and bending to files and supplies, or occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds to waist height. *Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
Environmental / Working Conditions: *Work may be performed in a medical clinic environment; Involving contact with staff and patients.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $48,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Interested candidates should reply to:
Mark Deutsch, President/CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Billing Specialist
Pediatric practice with three locations is seeking a qualified Medical Billing Specialist for a Full time 40 hour/week position. Position is responsible for the support of all in-office billing functions, to include payment posting, denials management, insurance claim appeals, patient collections, etc. This position works closely with our operations manager, to ensure that all claims are submitted accurately, timely, and payments are received and posted appropriately, resulting in a healthy aging.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in a medical billing position. Individual must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, have excellent attention to detail, and a desire to learn and grow. Past experience working on an electronic medical record and practice management system is required.
Specific duties include:
- Insurance claims payment posting and processing. This includes strong understanding of allowed amounts, adjustments, remarks codes, and basic understanding of E/M codes.
- Answer patient phone calls regarding billing questions. This includes answering questions about balances, looking into denied claims, and processing patient credit card payments over the phone.
- Daily denial management and follow up. This includes zero pay EOBs, and working from unpaid claims reports.
- Working from clearinghouse generated reports to correct insurance and coding issues before claims are sent off to payers.
- Some knowledge of the patient collection process. May be assigned to call patients to set up payment arrangements on past due balances.
- Keeping a daily deposit log, if payments are being posted.
- Preparing bank deposits of insurance checks and patient checks sent through the mail.
- May be trained to complete patient referral paperwork, depending on department needs.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. Hours 8:30am to 5:00pm. Rate of pay depends on past experience. Benefits and 401k available. Please send resumes and correspondence to email@example.com
Virginia College is currently seeking adjunct instructors (both day and night) for Allied Health Programs which include:
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Office
- Pharmacy Technician
Medical Office Manager
Commonwealth Primary Care
Responsible for administering, directing, planning and coordination all clinical, clerical, and administrative office activities.
- Manages daily operations, coordinates the work activities of all assigned staff and delegates authority as necessary.
- Administers clinical policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner.
- Monitors appointments, patient flow, medical records, medical transcription systems and staff.
- Review reports generated through Quality Programs and follow up with clinical staff as appropriate.
- Completes forms/applications for physician credentialing, licensing, etc.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises assigned clerical and clinical personnel.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Handles various personnel matters including forms and procedures as required.
- Processes office timesheets and manages overtime for assigned staff.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Ensures that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary. Ensures that office is staffed appropriately.
- Ensures that office space, supplies, equipment and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care.
- Orders and maintains office supply inventory, ensures that mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
- Helps staff establish deadlines for work assignments and completion. Monitors work status and progress.
- Ensures that requests for information are handled promptly and effectively.
- Works with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality patient care is provided.
- Attends required meeting and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
- Prepares reports and manages assigned projects.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
EDUCATION: Associate degree or Baccalaureate degree in health or business administration preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of office management experience including two years in a health care organization.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter: CPCHR@cpcva.com.