Commonwealth Radiology (CR), located in Richmond, VA, specializes in Diagnostic, Interventional, and Nuclear Radiology. The practice is seeking an Assistant Comptroller to support its Comptroller, COO and physicians with critical financial and human resource related functions and projects. CR provides imaging services for both inpatients and outpatients at five local area hospitals as well as six freestanding imaging centers located throughout Central Virginia. This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and driven healthcare professional who is early in their career and seeking experience in physician practice management with an established and successful medical practice. Successful candidates will enjoy working on projects, researching problems and solving challenges. CR will train and teach the Assistant Comptroller specific requirements for the position, but the successful candidate will be able to research, learn and work independently.
The Assistant Comptroller supports the Comptroller of the organization in the performance of the daily accounting tasks and monitoring of daily financial and human resource operations. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of practice payroll and bonuses
- Tracking physician expense accounts and medical reimbursement
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing financial reports and track against budget
- Preparing invoices
- Preparing and disbursing payments to vendors
- Preparing packets for Board meetings
- Providing human resource support for the physicians including implementing and maintain all employee benefits and on boarding new physicians
- Credentialing physicians with hospitals, payers and contracted facilities
- Creating productivity reports using Excel and analyze these reports monthly
- Forecasting productivity and making scheduling recommendations based on monthly financial reports
- Preparing for business licenses and personal property tax reports
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong spreadsheet/Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to accept new projects and complete them independently
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise discretion
- Skill in exercising high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making abilities
- Interest in learning new skills
Education and Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Background in business, finance or accounting, preferred
Compensation: CR offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary.
To learn more about Commonwealth Radiology please visit www.commonwealthradiology.com.
Interested candidates please submit a resume to Tiffany P. Lange, MHA at email@example.com.