Position: Staff Accountant
Summary: Maintains general ledger accounts and related activities to produce financial statements and reports in accordance with GAAP. Performs account reconciliations and analyses and prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications.
Reports To: Finance Director
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Process biweekly payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and complete daily data entry payroll processing.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Serves as back up to process Accounts Payable.
- Maintains current knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Adhere to Pulmonary Associates’ standards of excellent customer service to patients, caregivers, providers, coworkers, and those outside of Pulmonary Associates at all times.
- Adhere to HIPAA policies and procedures to protect patient privacy and security.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Administrator or Shareholders.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
Experience: At least one year of related experience. Experience in healthcare preferred.
Certifications: None required.
To learn more about Pulmonary Associates of Richmond please visit our website at www.paraccess.com
Interested, qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Caroline McConnell at email@example.com
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Virginia Ear, Nose & Throat, with the Virginia ENT Surgery Center, is recruiting for an experienced, energetic senior manager to assume the role of Chief Executive Officer. Virginia ENT has 4 clinical offices, a 2-room AAAHC accredited surgery center and 2 IAC accredited Mini-CAT CT scanners. The practice has 12 physicians, a nurse practitioner, 11 audiologists and physical therapists as providers. The departments in the practice include ENT, audiology, allergy and balance. Allscripts is the practice management/EMR platform for the practice and HST is utilized in the surgery center.
The practice provides comprehensive ENT and related services to patients of all ages. The physicians are very forward thinking and they are interested in finding a qualified administrative leader to work with them and the senior managers in successfully growing and developing the practice in the years to come.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Fiscal management of the PC, the Surgery Center and the LLC.
- Working collaboratively with the Board of Directors on all Governance issues related to the 3 organizational units.
- Monitoring and negotiating insurance contracts in relation to the practice and the surgery center
- With the Director of Operations, managing the IT/Data Network including a VoIP phone system and onsite virtual servers.
Qualified candidates will have a strong financial background and data analysis skills. A strong working knowledge of business office functions and a knowledge of Quickbooks are highly desirable. An understanding of IT networks, excellent critical thinking skills, experience with strategic planning and operations are also desirable.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge and skill required for this position:
- Masters degree in Health or Business Administration or a related field or equivalent training and experience
- At least five (5) years of senior level management in a healthcare setting, preferably in a medical practice, preferably with a surgery center
- At least three (3) years of experience in financial management
- Experience with data analysis (including preparing pro formas), credentialing, strategic planning and quality improvement
- Understanding of MIPS
- Proficient with Excel and, preferably, Quickbooks
Virginia ENT has an excellent benefit package including health/dental/STD/LTD/life insurance and a retirement plan which includes both a defined benefit and a defined contribution components.
To learn more about Virginia ENT please visit our website at www.virginiaent.com.
Interested, qualified candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org