Pediatric Partners of Virginia (PPV)
Corporate Business and Operations Manager
PPV is seeking a highly motivated individual to direct its business and internal corporate functions. This position will lead PPV financial and operational efforts to strengthen its infrastructure and increase division profits. Key job duties and responsibilities include-
- Management of the central billing office, including credentialing and payer contracting
- Corporate financial management and analyses
- Fringe benefit and retirement plan administration
- Supply services and vendor management
- Human resources, QA, legal and IT coordination with PPV divisions
- Oversight of After Hours Clinics
- Workflow and efficiency analyses and training needs
- Physician recruitment, contracting and compensation models as needed for PPV divisions
- Coordinate and direct strategic growth of PPV
Candidates should possess strong interpersonal and analytical skills, project management experience and HR knowledge. Must have 5-8 years in a private practice management position, with demonstrated ability in leadership and team building. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed resume that shows how their skills and experience can meet the responsibilities and requirements of this position. Salary history and references required. No recruiters.
Submit information to email@example.com.
Patient Service Manager
Pulmonary Associates of Richmond (PAR) has been around since 1974. That’s over 40 years of serving the greater Richmond community and we continue to grow! We specialize in pulmonary medicine, sleep disorders and research. Our staff cares about our patients and delivers the utmost excellence in quality care and customer service. “It’s like a family” is often a phrase you will hear used to describe the culture at our practice. We take pride in our employees and patients and want you to come work for us!
We are looking for an experienced, Full-Time Patient Service Manager to work in our Call Center. This person is responsible for managing 12 employees in a fast-paced environment that handles an average of 17,000 calls per month. Experience providing high quality customer service is a must. This position is Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week. FLSA Status: Exempt
- Provide guidance, direction and support to call center employees on routine and non-routine issues.
- Coordinate and monitor employee work schedules, lunch times, break times, idle time, PTO requests etc. to ensure phones are adequately staffed at all times
- Monitor call volumes and wait times and report trends to the Director of Operations
- Facilitate training for new call center employees including the creation of training materials
- Communicate and monitor call center processes and policies and make recommendations for improvements to the Director of Operations
- Identify and counsel employees who are not meeting performance expectations
- Complete HR processes such as the time clock, performance reviews, employee complaints, hiring decisions etc.
Patient Service Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls promptly and while demonstrating excellent customer service skills
- Listen and ask probing questions to determine the reason for the call and then handle call accordingly
- Schedule patient appointments for pulmonary and sleep
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into Allscripts
- Schedule appointment according to current policies
- Inform caller of arrival time, items to bring to appointment, cancellation policy, etc.
- Disseminate patient questions and refills requests via EMR to the MA/provider
- Provide basic information, guidance and instructions to callers
- Distribute consults and enter into MDCoder
- Complete appointment requests made online
- Assist with patient rescheduling, as needed
- Assist with EMR indexing of incoming documents, during downtime
- Assist with EMR output queue, during downtime
- Manage electronic referrals to schedule new patients
- At least 5 years of experience in a physician office environment with at least 2 years in a supervisory/management position or comparable experience
- Call center experience preferred
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
Why should you apply?
- Recently voted a Top Work Place in 2018!
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefit offerings
- 17 PTO days
- Regular office hours M-F, no weekends
- Providers and staff that care
Candidates can submit their resumes to Caroline McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Ear, Nose & Throat is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager with strong organizational, computer and communication skills for our Midlothian and Colonial Heights offices. The Office Manager is a member of the Management Team and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of our Midlothian & Colonial Heights offices. Responsibilities include supervising front desk & switchboard staff, playing a major role in managing our on-line referral process, tracking volumes and trends coming to the switchboard and managing the facility issues associated with the 2 offices.
At least 2 years management experience in a medical office setting and a strong working knowledge of insurance requirements required. Experience with EMR & PM systems (Allscripts or other) required. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to critically analyze processes for opportunities for improvement are required.
Virginia ENT has a very competitive salary & benefit package for qualified candidate. Please email resume to email@example.com.
Commonwealth Dermatology Practice Administrator
Commonwealth Dermatology is recruiting a high energy, experienced administrator to help them realize their growth plans and continue their mission into the future. The practice offers general, pediatric and cosmetic dermatology services. It is located at Glenside and Forest Avenue. It is an independent practice with 11 providers and approximately 40 staff. There is a management team in place to support the administrator.
Key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Oversees management of practice operations including professional staff, support staff and vendor relationships
- Devises and implements operational, financial, and strategic plans in conjunction with physician partners
- Monitors payer, regulatory and market developments and factors them into the practice planning, e.g. ICD-10, MIPS and MACRA, HIPAA/HITECH
- Keeps practice providers and management team apprised of key business issues and developments
- Fosters a professional culture with emphasis on high quality care and exceptional service
- Demonstrates effective customer service skills and a professional manner
- Adheres to practice mission and values and applicable regulations
Requirements for the position include the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, at a minimum
- Five or more years’ experience in medical practice management, and direct staff supervision including billing and nursing staff
- Expertise in planning, budget development and financial analyses and cash flow projections; ability to present complicated financial and billing data in clear, concise terms
- Experience with payer contract negotiation, credentialing and vendors negotiation and contracting, and provider employment contracting
- Expertise in assessing cost/benefit analyses and ROI on potential investments and expansions
- Proficiency in customer service, human resources and benefit administration functions
- Current on regulatory requirements in key areas, including but not limited to, HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, and coding compliance
- The organizational skills and temperament to balance key responsibilities effectively in a fast-paced, very dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to promote collegial relationships between physicians, staff, vendors and outside parties to further the mission of the practice
If you feel you meet these requirements, please send a complete resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will be rejected. NO recruiters.
Chief Operating Officer
Virginia Ear, Nose & Throat is expanding. With 4 offices and a new ambulatory surgery center under construction we need an experienced senior manager to assist with the expansion and help to ensure the continued success of the practice.
The COO will report to, and work closely with, the CEO on all aspects of the practice including administrative and financial. The COO will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of all aspects of the 4 clinical offices including front desk and clinical functions. This will include taking the lead on IT issues including those related to VA ENT’s network, it’s Voice over IP phone system, and its Allscripts’ PM and EMR systems. The COO will also work with the managers on productivity and efficiency analyses. As a key member of the management team the COO will also work with the medical staff as well as HR and AP and the business office.
Qualified candidates will have at least 8 years of progressive managerial experience, preferably in a medical practice setting. We are looking for a professional with good critical thinking skills and an understanding of process improvement techniques. Qualified candidates will also have experience working with networks and PM/EMR systems (preferably Allscripts) as well as data and/or financial analysis skills. Knowledge of Peachtree and/or Quickbooks preferred. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) at all levels of the organization are also required. MHA, MBA or equivalent training and experience are required.
Virginia ENT has an excellent benefit package. Interested applicants should email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
As the Marketing Manager for Virginia Physicians for Women, you will lead all marketing strategies, communications, and PR activities for the practice. Focused on brand positioning and awareness, you will be the lead innovator and decision maker when it comes to strategy development, creative direction, campaign implementation, vendor relationship management, and community outreach. The Marketing Manager will also be responsible for budget development and management as well as reporting.
- Use both internal and external communication channels to develop a marketing strategy that matches business goals and supports values-driven campaigns
- Maintain and expand VPFW’s position as the community’s go to resource for women’s health education
- Expand VPFW’s brand positioning as a philanthropic force in women’s health care
- Implement storytelling and testimonials to reach new, targeted audiences while delivering segmented messaging
- Lead marketing initiatives for The Renewal Center at VPFW and advise on how to best incorporate those initiatives into the practice’s core values and services
- Provide concepts to third parties and offer creative direction for outsourced projects; third parties may include graphic designers, videographers, etc.
- Offer data-driven explanations of creative direction to management team and ensure projects with third parties fit into overall strategy and brand positioning
- Implement integrated campaigns to promote the practice, The Renewal Center at VPFW, and upcoming events or initiatives
- Write and edit content to increase engagement rates; content may be short or long-form and include social media posts, blog posts, press releases, enewsletters, ad copy, etc.
Vendor and Sponsorship Relationship Management
- Manage all media buys and third-party marketing contracts, ensuring that VPFW is getting excellent value and efforts are in keeping with overall marketing strategies and brand standards
- Identify opportunities for VPFW to provide strategic sponsorships and develop relationships with those organizations; Lead all sponsorship activation efforts
- Use strategic sponsorships and activations as a marketing tactic and include efforts in content marketing plan
- Determine KPIs for marketing initiatives and implement tools to measure/report success of marketing and outreach strategies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational and time management skills; demonstrated effectiveness managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently
- Proven ability to establish positive and effective relationships with superiors, coworkers, and third parties
- Experience with WordPress preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience with experiential marketing and/or event management a plus
- Experience with online advertising platforms including Google AdWords and paid social media promotions a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in marketing, communications, English, creative writing or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in B2C marketing
- 5+ years of experience working on integrated marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of proven experience leading creative marketing projects from concept to completion
- 5+ years of proven experience in content creation and content marketing
This position works out of the Midlothian office next to Johnston-Willis Hospital. The marketing manager will be expected to travel between all six of VPFW’s office locations. They will also be expected to work nights and weekends as needed.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pediatric Center is looking for a full-time Clinical Manager to help the practice with nurse oversight, create and implement quality workflows, and improve our outcomes over a clinically diverse patient base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide consistent and clear expectations regarding practice policies and expectations for clinical staff (Floor Nurses, Triage Nurses and Lab Techs)
- Demonstrate excellence in nursing care through weekly floor nursing of at least one session per week on average
- Evaluate the performance of staff nurses, providing feedback and mentoring, interviewing, hiring and terminating nurses, including monitoring hours worked and approval of time off
- Address any personnel issues to promote a productive and supportive work environment, including staff and parent/patient complaints
- Address in office clinical exposures related to staff, such as needle stick injuries and accidental exposures
- Supervise and collaborate with nurses who will support care coordination efforts, conduct preliminary clinical staff interviews, the daily scheduling and reassignment of clinical staff (due to call outs), the development of educational programs, HIPAA and OSHA training, CPR training, supply, vaccine and equipment management, etc.
- Collaborate with top management, interdisciplinary teams and other stakeholders in order to develop, implement and evaluate programs and services
- Serve as a representative of clinical staff to management and promote the best interests of clinical staff and the patients that they care for
- Assist the practice with setting goals for quality assurance and best practices.
- Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with tertiary care providers, transitions-in-care, and referrals
- Review gap reports from payers and make follow up phone calls and appointments when necessary
- Increase utilization of preventative care
- Reduce emergency room utilization and hospital re-admissions
- Help create and promote adherence to a care plan, developed in coordination with the patient, primary care provider, and family/caregiver(s)
- Connect patients to relevant community resources, with the goal of enhancing patient health and well-being, increasing patient satisfaction, and reducing health care cost
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing.
- Willingness and policy knowledge to provide counseling to employees re: practice policies and clinical care, up to and including termination.
- Able to handle emergency or crisis situations.
- Knowledge of clinical quality workflows and related reimbursement models
- Ability to coordinate and train cross-departmental staff on clinical quality workflow.
- Familiarity with medical management software and/or EMR software (the practice uses Allscripts Pro EHR and PM)
The position requires a nurse license of LPN or RN. A minimum of two years experience in management/supervision is required.
Interested candidates should send their resumes and professional references to email@example.com.
Executive Practice Administrator
Richmond Gastroenterology Associates, Inc. (RGA) is seeking an Administrator to manage the financial, operational, and administrative functions of the practice. This position reports to the Board of Directors with direct interaction with the RGA President.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Management of the business, financial and operational affairs of the practice.
- Assist and guide the Board of Directors in strategic and long-range planning.
- Recruitment of new physicians.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards, laws and regulations.
- Oversight of contracts, leases, and service agreements.
- Represent the practice in its relationships with other healthcare organizations, third-party payers and government agencies.
- Manage practice’s legal, tax and accounting matters with external legal counsel and/or CPA firm.
The position requires an undergraduate degree. Additional educational or professional certification desirable. A minimum of five years required in physician practice management, preferably in a mid to large sized group.
Interested candidates should send their resumes, professional references and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO agencies or recruiters please.
Surgical Associates of Richmond, Inc. is seeking an Administrator to oversee the corporate, financial, and administrative operations of the parent company. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily business and administrative tasks
- Monitor and report on the efficiency and effectiveness of the billing office
- Coordinate and lead monthly board meetings
- Coordinate and lead strategic planning and marketing efforts to grow the company
- Ensure compliance with financial and management goals
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory reporting rules
- Coordinate and maintain EMR and IT needs
- Coordination and assistance in reporting and monitoring of legal and HR issues.
- Negotiation and maintenance of insurance contracts
- Overall management of practice’s owned facilities including outside tenants
The position reports to a fifteen-physician board and works closely with the physician President of Surgical Associates to ensure seamless continuity of care for our patients at two office locations, one outpatient Interventional Radiology Center and three hospitals. The position requires an undergraduate degree and preferably a master’s degree in health administration or similar field with a minimum of 3-5 years in medical practice management. Candidates must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills, able to work in partnership with physicians, hospital administration, and employees. Experience in using Microsoft office (especially Excel), QuickBooks Accounting software, and Allscripts Tiger/ Professional Electronic Health Record software is highly desirable.
Surgical Associates dates it heritage back to 1909 and currently provides high quality surgical care through its main office located on the campus of Johnston-Willis Hospital and a satellite office in the Waterford Medical Park near St. Francis Medical Center. To learn more about Surgical Associates, visit our website at www.thesar.com.
Interested candidates should send their resumes, salary history and professional references to email@example.com. NO agencies or recruiters please.
Office / Project Manager
The Coleman Institute and Hamilton Family Practice are collocated medical companies that share team members and office space in a unique combined practice of primary care and substance abuse treatment in the Carytown area. Founded in Richmond, the Coleman Institute’s network has expanded to cover 14 cities across the United States.
We are seeking a full-time Office / Project Manager to manage critical processes in our local office and lead strategic initiatives across our national network. The Office / Project Manager will be a key member of our leadership team, guiding both strategic and tactical activities. Top priorities in 2018 will include:
Leading implementation of a new EMR and Practice Management software solution
- Streamlining and improving operations by identifying process redesign opportunities and implementing changes both in Richmond and across our office network
- Updating and expanding our Clinical Policies and Procedures manual, recommending improvements where needed
This is a great opportunity for a practical problem-solver with a versatile skillset to join a growing organization.
Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists is currently seeking to fill two full-time positions for OFFICE COORDINATORS. One position will be at our Bell Creek office in Mechanicsville and the other is at our Waterside office located in Prince George. A summary of the job duties are as follows:
Coordinates and supervises on site clinical office and supports regional manager to a smooth functioning office and good patient relations. Interacts with patients, referring physicians and third party carriers with regard to patient related issues.
- Supervises patient information coordinators and oversees functions of the front desk office. Provides adequate training and audits of front desk functions.
- Works with clinical lead nurse in daily supervision of clinical personnel, in cooperation with regional manager and clinical coordinator.
- Ensures VCS policies and procedures are adhered to in cooperation with regional manager and shares in evaluations of on-site personnel.
- Prepares work schedules of front desk receptionists and covers for vacations and absences by arrangement with regional manager.
- Performs various functions in the office such as scheduling, preauthorization, distribution of hospital consults.
- Assists onsite physicians with schedules, communicates call schedule changes to appropriate personnel.
- Works with VCS department managers to resolve patient related issues.
- Orders adequate supplies for staff and ensures office equipment is in good working order.
Assistant Manager, Business Office
Vascular Surgery Associates of Richmond is pleased to announce a job posting for a newly created position, Assistant Manager, Business Office. This is a full-time position based at our Libbie Avenue office in the near West End. A summary of the job duties are as follows:
- Assists with the supervision of business office staff and patient representatives (check-in)
- Posts all electronic payments
- Reviews commercial payment batches and non-payment insurance explanations; preparing reconsiderations/appeals.
- Actively manages and monitors the accounts receivable
- Serves as a super-user for the practice’s EMR
Occasional travel to other office locations is required. The position comes about as a result of practice growth.
Practice Administrator, Corporate
Pediatric Partners of Virginia is seeking an Administrator to oversee the corporate financial and administrative operations of the parent company and supervise the operations of its after-hours clinics. Essential duties include-
- Perform daily business and administrative tasks and act as liaison between the divisions and PPV staff
- Monitors and reports on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Central Billing Office and status of credentialing
- Coordinates and manages the corporate contracts and negotiations – insurance reimbursement, employee benefits, business and liability insurances, and other corporate contracts
- Management of the two after hours clinics (AHCs)
- Coordinate and lead monthly board meetings for PPV and the AHC clinics
- Coordinate and lead the strategic planning and marketing efforts to grow the company
- Ensure compliance with financial and management goals
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory reporting rules
- Coordinate and report issues related to EMR and IT needs
- Coordination and assistance in reporting and monitoring of legal and HR issues as appropriate
This position reports to the Chairman of the PPV Board and its division presidents, and works closely with the managers of the PPV divisions in execution of duties. A minimum of 3-5 years in medical practice management. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work in partnership with division personnel and physicians. Strong candidates will possess superb team leader and conflict resolution/negotiation skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
Interested candidates should send their resumes, salary history and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO agencies or recruiters please.
Clinical Supervisor, Dermatology
This position is responsible for managing the daily operations related to nursing care in line with clinical practice standards
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established and regulatory standards, confidentiality and medical record documentation (including MIPS workflows).
- Provides direct supervision to nurses and subordinate staff.
- Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff/physicians on patient issues.
- Ensures that clinic is staffed appropriately.
- Collaborates with administration on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training and evaluating nursing staff.
- Collaborates with administration/physicians on development and implementation of nursing department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budgets and work standards
- Works with administration to accurately monitor all clinical logs for accuracy and completion.
- Oversite of CLIA/ OSHA/HIPAA standards, implementation and training.
- Oversite of clinical supplies and ordering.
- Provides on-going in-service training for clinical staff.
- Assists in triage care, and as a PRN float nurse.
- Prepares reports at the direction of administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: BSN from accredited school of nursing
Current state RN license
Minimum 3 years of professional nursing experience including supervisory-level experience, preferably in a medical setting.
Interested candidates respond with cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc., is looking for an Office Manager for its St. Mary’s and Henrico Doctors’ offices. We are looking for an energetic and happy person who enjoys being part of a team. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder and someone with the ability to grasp both the small details and the bigger picture. The Office Manager will report to our Assistant Administrator of Operations.
- Lead the staff of two busy offices.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to exceptional patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to develop and implement plans and motivate staff.
- Interact effectively and professionally with all staff.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and friendly work environment.
- Identify and resolve work problems.
- Supervise and lead by example the daily operations of the offices.
- Assist in managing personnel-related activities, including time off requests, disciplinary documentation, performance evaluations and overtime management.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring and training of staff.
- Foster teamwork between staff and physicians.
- Ensure that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
- Provide administrative support and other duties as assigned.
- LPN or Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- 2+ years of clinical office management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with EMR is required.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental & vision insurance, group life insurance, short-term & long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and excellent paid time off. If you are dedicated to providing outstanding patient care, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter to: Jvaughan@gastrova.com or fax (804) 804 289-1243.
Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity.