Executive Practice Administrator
Richmond Gastroenterology Associates, Inc. (RGA) is seeking an Administrator to manage the financial, operational, and administrative functions of the practice. This position reports to the Board of Directors with direct interaction with the RGA President.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Management of the business, financial and operational affairs of the practice.
- Assist and guide the Board of Directors in strategic and long-range planning.
- Recruitment of new physicians.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards, laws and regulations.
- Oversight of contracts, leases, and service agreements.
- Represent the practice in its relationships with other healthcare organizations, third-party payers and government agencies.
- Manage practice’s legal, tax and accounting matters with external legal counsel and/or CPA firm.
The position requires an undergraduate degree. Additional educational or professional certification desirable. A minimum of five years required in physician practice management, preferably in a mid to large sized group.
Interested candidates should send their resumes, professional references and salary history to email@example.com. NO agencies or recruiters please.
Surgical Associates of Richmond, Inc. is seeking an Administrator to oversee the corporate, financial, and administrative operations of the parent company. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily business and administrative tasks
- Monitor and report on the efficiency and effectiveness of the billing office
- Coordinate and lead monthly board meetings
- Coordinate and lead strategic planning and marketing efforts to grow the company
- Ensure compliance with financial and management goals
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory reporting rules
- Coordinate and maintain EMR and IT needs
- Coordination and assistance in reporting and monitoring of legal and HR issues.
- Negotiation and maintenance of insurance contracts
- Overall management of practice’s owned facilities including outside tenants
The position reports to a fifteen-physician board and works closely with the physician President of Surgical Associates to ensure seamless continuity of care for our patients at two office locations, one outpatient Interventional Radiology Center and three hospitals. The position requires an undergraduate degree and preferably a master’s degree in health administration or similar field with a minimum of 3-5 years in medical practice management. Candidates must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills, able to work in partnership with physicians, hospital administration, and employees. Experience in using Microsoft office (especially Excel), QuickBooks Accounting software, and Allscripts Tiger/ Professional Electronic Health Record software is highly desirable.
Surgical Associates dates it heritage back to 1909 and currently provides high quality surgical care through its main office located on the campus of Johnston-Willis Hospital and a satellite office in the Waterford Medical Park near St. Francis Medical Center. To learn more about Surgical Associates, visit our website at www.thesar.com.
Interested candidates should send their resumes, salary history and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO agencies or recruiters please.
Business Office Manager
Richmond Pediatric Associates is pleased to announce an opening for a Business Office Manager. This is a full-time position based at our West end office.
- Exercises general supervision and coordinates activities and operations of the Business Office in compliance with policies, procedures, goals and budget of the practice.
- Responsible for managing the functions of billing, posting, insurance follow-up, collections and coding.
- Provide leadership and direction for billing office staff and interacts with department employees, practice administrator and other department supervisors providing a point of contact and direction for billing office issues.
- Ensures daily billing office activities such as bank deposits, insurance claims and payments are timely and accurate.
- Balance deposits in accounting software with payments in practice management software.
- Process insurance claims and self-pay statements in practice management software, complete transfer of files.
- Review of rejected and denied insurance claims from clearinghouse company.
- Administers “write-offs” in accordance with approved credit and collection policy.
- Institutes correct coding procedures and works with management to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Communicates and maintains working relationships with insurance representatives, collection agency, RPA physicians and RPA departments.
- Identifies work and/or challenges, offers suggestions for improvement or relays to management for resolution.
- Trains staff in insurance and billing office policy changes.
- Assists with upgrade and repair of hardware and software for office computer systems.
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with medical billing trends and practices.
- Manages the billing office in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintains patient and practice confidentiality as outlined in HIPAA guidelines.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Allscripts experience a plus.
- Minimum five years medical billing office experience and two years as a department management or assistant department manager.
- Coding certification preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Office / Project Manager
The Coleman Institute and Hamilton Family Practice are collocated medical companies that share team members and office space in a unique combined practice of primary care and substance abuse treatment in the Carytown area. Founded in Richmond, the Coleman Institute’s network has expanded to cover 14 cities across the United States.
We are seeking a full-time Office / Project Manager to manage critical processes in our local office and lead strategic initiatives across our national network. The Office / Project Manager will be a key member of our leadership team, guiding both strategic and tactical activities. Top priorities in 2018 will include:
Leading implementation of a new EMR and Practice Management software solution
- Streamlining and improving operations by identifying process redesign opportunities and implementing changes both in Richmond and across our office network
- Updating and expanding our Clinical Policies and Procedures manual, recommending improvements where needed
This is a great opportunity for a practical problem-solver with a versatile skillset to join a growing organization.
Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists is currently seeking to fill two full-time positions for OFFICE COORDINATORS. One position will be at our Bell Creek office in Mechanicsville and the other is at our Waterside office located in Prince George. A summary of the job duties are as follows:
Coordinates and supervises on site clinical office and supports regional manager to a smooth functioning office and good patient relations. Interacts with patients, referring physicians and third party carriers with regard to patient related issues.
- Supervises patient information coordinators and oversees functions of the front desk office. Provides adequate training and audits of front desk functions.
- Works with clinical lead nurse in daily supervision of clinical personnel, in cooperation with regional manager and clinical coordinator.
- Ensures VCS policies and procedures are adhered to in cooperation with regional manager and shares in evaluations of on-site personnel.
- Prepares work schedules of front desk receptionists and covers for vacations and absences by arrangement with regional manager.
- Performs various functions in the office such as scheduling, preauthorization, distribution of hospital consults.
- Assists onsite physicians with schedules, communicates call schedule changes to appropriate personnel.
- Works with VCS department managers to resolve patient related issues.
- Orders adequate supplies for staff and ensures office equipment is in good working order.
Assistant Manager, Business Office
Vascular Surgery Associates of Richmond is pleased to announce a job posting for a newly created position, Assistant Manager, Business Office. This is a full-time position based at our Libbie Avenue office in the near West End. A summary of the job duties are as follows:
- Assists with the supervision of business office staff and patient representatives (check-in)
- Posts all electronic payments
- Reviews commercial payment batches and non-payment insurance explanations; preparing reconsiderations/appeals.
- Actively manages and monitors the accounts receivable
- Serves as a super-user for the practice’s EMR
Occasional travel to other office locations is required. The position comes about as a result of practice growth.
Practice Administrator, Corporate
Pediatric Partners of Virginia is seeking an Administrator to oversee the corporate financial and administrative operations of the parent company and supervise the operations of its after-hours clinics. Essential duties include-
- Perform daily business and administrative tasks and act as liaison between the divisions and PPV staff
- Monitors and reports on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Central Billing Office and status of credentialing
- Coordinates and manages the corporate contracts and negotiations – insurance reimbursement, employee benefits, business and liability insurances, and other corporate contracts
- Management of the two after hours clinics (AHCs)
- Coordinate and lead monthly board meetings for PPV and the AHC clinics
- Coordinate and lead the strategic planning and marketing efforts to grow the company
- Ensure compliance with financial and management goals
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory reporting rules
- Coordinate and report issues related to EMR and IT needs
- Coordination and assistance in reporting and monitoring of legal and HR issues as appropriate
This position reports to the Chairman of the PPV Board and its division presidents, and works closely with the managers of the PPV divisions in execution of duties. A minimum of 3-5 years in medical practice management. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work in partnership with division personnel and physicians. Strong candidates will possess superb team leader and conflict resolution/negotiation skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
Interested candidates should send their resumes, salary history and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO agencies or recruiters please.
Clinical Supervisor, Dermatology
This position is responsible for managing the daily operations related to nursing care in line with clinical practice standards
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established and regulatory standards, confidentiality and medical record documentation (including MIPS workflows).
- Provides direct supervision to nurses and subordinate staff.
- Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff/physicians on patient issues.
- Ensures that clinic is staffed appropriately.
- Collaborates with administration on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training and evaluating nursing staff.
- Collaborates with administration/physicians on development and implementation of nursing department’s mission, goals, policies, procedures, budgets and work standards
- Works with administration to accurately monitor all clinical logs for accuracy and completion.
- Oversite of CLIA/ OSHA/HIPAA standards, implementation and training.
- Oversite of clinical supplies and ordering.
- Provides on-going in-service training for clinical staff.
- Assists in triage care, and as a PRN float nurse.
- Prepares reports at the direction of administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: BSN from accredited school of nursing
Current state RN license
Minimum 3 years of professional nursing experience including supervisory-level experience, preferably in a medical setting.
Interested candidates respond with cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc., is looking for an Office Manager for its St. Mary’s and Henrico Doctors’ offices. We are looking for an energetic and happy person who enjoys being part of a team. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder and someone with the ability to grasp both the small details and the bigger picture. The Office Manager will report to our Assistant Administrator of Operations.
- Lead the staff of two busy offices.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to exceptional patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to develop and implement plans and motivate staff.
- Interact effectively and professionally with all staff.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and friendly work environment.
- Identify and resolve work problems.
- Supervise and lead by example the daily operations of the offices.
- Assist in managing personnel-related activities, including time off requests, disciplinary documentation, performance evaluations and overtime management.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring and training of staff.
- Foster teamwork between staff and physicians.
- Ensure that patients are treated courteously by office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
- Provide administrative support and other duties as assigned.
- LPN or Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- 2+ years of clinical office management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with EMR is required.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental & vision insurance, group life insurance, short-term & long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and excellent paid time off. If you are dedicated to providing outstanding patient care, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter to: Jvaughan@gastrova.com or fax (804) 804 289-1243.
Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity.
Pediatric practice with offices in the West end and Mechanicsville seeks a full-time and part-time medical assistants. Duties include, escort patients to exam room, document vital signs, weight, height and medical history. Experience with Allscripts EHR a plus. Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.