Virginia Physicians for Women (VPFW) – Richmond, VA
Your Partners In Health. Today. Tomorrow. For Life.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, developing and recommending financial strategies.
- Provide financial leadership on accounting functions, to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, collections, payer performance and general ledger functions.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports on the performance of the practice, ancillary services, and physicians.
- Partner with Human Resources to manage the 401K, biweekly payroll and physician compensation plan.
- Provide budget analysis and financial review for management.
- Prepare agenda and leads monthly meetings with the Finance Committee.
- Prepare semi-annual Shareholder and physician bonus calculations.
- Manage banking relationships to oversee cash investment, borrowing and asset management to minimize costs and maximize yields.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverages for the practice ensuring competitive pricing.
- Prepare sales tax, business license, personal property tax returns, and unclaimed property submissions.
- Coordinate with outside accounting firm in preparation of 1009s, state and federal taxes, depreciation cycle, etc.
- Represent the practice to financial partners, including financial institutions, insurers, auditors, and vendors.
- Consistently review internal processes to ensure that the proper controls are in place.
- Lead analytical initiative and prepare monthly and ad hoc management reports on the performance of the practice, physicians, and support staff to provide decision support data to management team.
- Participate as an active member of the senior management team with a willingness to learn all aspects of the business and engage in strategic discussions.
- Actively manage Workers’ Compensation Audit.
- Develop, maintain, and audit payer contracts to report key renewal dates, opportunities, or risks.
- Actively participate in payer contract negotiations with CEO and consultant. Prepare and review data throughout negotiation process.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical office procedure and accounting principles.
- Strong leadership skills to serve as a role model, coach, motivator, and facilitator.
- Excellent analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to continually improve the Practice.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, staff and management.
- Strong professional ethics to manage highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong Excel skills with attention to detail.
- Applies innovative and creative approach to resolving complex issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
Education and Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant Certification
- Experience with multiple software programs to include Excel and QuickBooks.
- BS degree in finance/accounting/business administration.
- 8 years’ experience in a management role in finance with knowledge of medical billing, coding and collections preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the healthcare industry preferably in a clinical setting.
Interested applicants please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Clinical Manager
Busy surgical practices with offices throughout the greater Richmond area has an opportunity for a RN or LPN who is interested in making a positive contribution to an already successful practice. Responsibilities will include managing the clinical staff, being a “super user” of the EMR and working with the medical staff and other managers to improve patient care and overall efficiency. Qualifications include being an RN or LPN with experience in managing people and/or projects who is highly motivated and desires to be a leader and a change agent. Knowledge of EMRs is required. Knowledge of MIPS/Meaningful Use is highly desirable. Highly competitive salary and benefit package available to qualified candidates. Interested candidates should reply to email@example.com.
Position: Practice Administrator
A five-provider specialty practice with three locations and two in-office surgery suites, is seeking an organized, proactive, and experienced Administrator to guide them into the future. We are seeking a team leader with strong financial and operational skill sets.
Key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
* Oversight of practice finances and operations, including the development and implementation of financial and strategic plans in conjunction with the physician partners
* Ongoing improvement to the current emphases on high quality care and superb customer service
* Leadership of the practice’s payer, regulatory, and network plans, including contract negotiations and MIPS
*Oversight of clinical operations including AAAHC accreditation
*Performance of all Human Resource functions including payroll
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Five or more years’ experience in medical practice management, including direct staff supervision including billing and nursing staff
* A strong acumen in financial planning, budgeting, and analyses
* Experience with payer and vendor contract negotiations
* A proactive approach to the evaluation and development of alternative revenue streams, as well as the ability to assess current service offerings
* A solid background in human resources, including employee evaluation and development
* The versatility, ability and temperament to excel in a dynamic small practice
* Experience in adherence to regulatory requirements, including AAAHC, HIPAA, OSHA, CPT/ICD coding, and human resources
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience. If you would like to be part of our team, please email or send your résumé and salary requirement to the attention of Brooke Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be kept confidential. Thank you for your interest and consideration.