Anne Filosa Creekmore, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Billing manager needed immediately to work directly with B/Health Solo Practitioner, in Henrico, VA, maintain successful operations of monthly insurance billing revenue cycle.
Flexible, Part-time position w/ remote work from home opportunities. Please call (804)741-2608 if interested in this position.
Job Responsibilities (but are not limited to)
- Administrative Duties (Ex. Fax, payer network, provider relations, authorizations)
- Ensure timely, accurate billing, and collection of claims.
- Review charges for accurate insurance verification and eligibility
- Submit claims to various insurance payers
- Ability to quickly post charges and enter payments
- Aggressively review accounts receivables for rejections, denials and follow up with insurance companies regarding outstanding claims
- Able to understand, review and troubleshoot denied claims
- Answer patient calls and correspondence related to billing issues in a timely manner
- Generate patient invoices
Must Have Knowledge Of:
- Patient A/R-Deductible, Copays, Coinsurance-
- CMS 1500 Claim Submission (EDI, Paper, Fax)
- Excel Spreadsheet
- Clearinghouses (Ex. Availity, Navinet, Palmetto E-Services)
- EDI/EFT (Remittances)
VPFW is looking for a full-time staff accountant to join our practice. This position would work out of our Midlothian Turnpike Office and report to the Director of Financial Operations.
Essential job Functions:
- Assure the accuracy of the general ledger accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Reconcile G/L accounts, bank statements and other transactions
- Take a lead role in starting and maintaining reconciliations of accounts as assigned
- Prepare financial reports and analysis
- Variance analysis – financial and operational data
- Assist in accounts payable
- Process sales and use tax filings
- File annual compliance reporting for state licensure and personal property
- Support management with year-end closing processes
- Consolidation of financial statements involving multiple corporate entities
- Assist with ad hoc, project management and manage projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least 3 years of prior accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate to people at all levels of practice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to take management direction and implement independently with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to work in changing environment with times of demanding deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a level of confidentiality
- Prior experience with QuickBooks
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
Interested candidates, please contact HR@VPFW.com.
Director of Finance – Virginia Physicians for Women (VPFW)
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, developing and recommending financial strategies.
- Provide financial leadership on accounting and business office functions, to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, collections, payer performance and general ledger functions.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports on the performance of the practice, ancillary services and physicians.
- Partner with Human Resources to manage the 401K, biweekly payroll and physician compensation plan.
- Provide budget analysis and financial review for management.
- Prepare agenda and leads monthly meetings with the Finance Committee.
- Manage banking relationships to oversee cash investment, borrowing and asset management to minimize costs and maximize yields.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for the practice ensuring competitive pricing.
- Prepare sales tax, business license, personal property tax returns, and unclaimed property submissions.
- Represent the practice to financial partners, including financial institutions, insurers, auditors and vendors.
- Consistently review internal processes to ensure that the proper controls are in place.
- Lead analytical initiative and prepare monthly and ad hoc management reports on the performance of the practice, physicians and support staff.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of medical business office procedure and accounting principles.
- Strong leadership skills to serve as a role model, coach, motivator and facilitator.
- Exceptional analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to continually improve the Practice.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, staff and management.
- Strong professional ethics to manage highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong excel skills
Education and Experience:
- Experience with multiple software programs to include Excel and QuickBooks.
- BS degree in finance/accounting/business administration.
- 5 years’ experience in a management role in finance with knowledge of medical billing, coding and collections preferred.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the healthcare industry preferably in a clinical setting.
Interested candidates please contact HR@VPFW.com.
Virginia Ear, Nose & Throat is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager with strong organizational, computer and communication skills for our Midlothian and Colonial Heights offices. The Office Manager is a member of the Management Team and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of our Midlothian & Colonial Heights offices. Responsibilities include supervising front desk & switchboard staff, playing a major role in managing our online referral process, tracking volumes and trends coming to the switchboard and managing the facility issues associated with the 2 offices.
At least 2 years of management experience in a medical office setting and a strong working knowledge of insurance requirements required. Experience with EMR & PM systems (Allscripts or other) required. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to critically analyze processes for opportunities for improvement are required.
Virginia ENT has a very competitive salary & benefits package for a qualified candidate. Please email resume to email@example.com.
Pediatric Partners of Virginia (PPV)
Corporate Business and Operations Manager
PPV is seeking a highly motivated individual to direct its business and internal corporate functions. This position will lead PPV financial and operational efforts to strengthen its infrastructure and increase division profits. Key job duties and responsibilities include-
- Management of the central billing office, including credentialing and payer contracting
- Corporate financial management and analyses
- Fringe benefit and retirement plan administration
- Supply services and vendor management
- Human resources, QA, legal and IT coordination with PPV divisions
- Oversight of After Hours Clinics
- Workflow and efficiency analyses and training needs
- Physician recruitment, contracting and compensation models as needed for PPV divisions
- Coordinate and direct strategic growth of PPV
Candidates should possess strong interpersonal and analytical skills, project management experience and HR knowledge. Must have 5-8 years in a private practice management position, with demonstrated ability in leadership and team building. This position reports to the Board of Directors.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed resume that shows how their skills and experience can meet the responsibilities and requirements of this position. Salary history and references required. No recruiters.
Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Ear, Nose & Throat is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager with strong organizational, computer and communication skills for our Midlothian and Colonial Heights offices. The Office Manager is a member of the Management Team and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of our Midlothian & Colonial Heights offices. Responsibilities include supervising front desk & switchboard staff, playing a major role in managing our on-line referral process, tracking volumes and trends coming to the switchboard and managing the facility issues associated with the 2 offices.
At least 2 years management experience in a medical office setting and a strong working knowledge of insurance requirements required. Experience with EMR & PM systems (Allscripts or other) required. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to critically analyze processes for opportunities for improvement are required.
Virginia ENT has a very competitive salary & benefit package for qualified candidate. Please email resume to email@example.com.
Commonwealth Dermatology Practice Administrator
Commonwealth Dermatology is recruiting a high energy, experienced administrator to help them realize their growth plans and continue their mission into the future. The practice offers general, pediatric and cosmetic dermatology services. It is located at Glenside and Forest Avenue. It is an independent practice with 11 providers and approximately 40 staff. There is a management team in place to support the administrator.
Key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Oversees management of practice operations including professional staff, support staff and vendor relationships
- Devises and implements operational, financial, and strategic plans in conjunction with physician partners
- Monitors payer, regulatory and market developments and factors them into the practice planning, e.g. ICD-10, MIPS and MACRA, HIPAA/HITECH
- Keeps practice providers and management team apprised of key business issues and developments
- Fosters a professional culture with emphasis on high quality care and exceptional service
- Demonstrates effective customer service skills and a professional manner
- Adheres to practice mission and values and applicable regulations
Requirements for the position include the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, at a minimum
- Five or more years’ experience in medical practice management, and direct staff supervision including billing and nursing staff
- Expertise in planning, budget development and financial analyses and cash flow projections; ability to present complicated financial and billing data in clear, concise terms
- Experience with payer contract negotiation, credentialing and vendors negotiation and contracting, and provider employment contracting
- Expertise in assessing cost/benefit analyses and ROI on potential investments and expansions
- Proficiency in customer service, human resources and benefit administration functions
- Current on regulatory requirements in key areas, including but not limited to, HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, and coding compliance
- The organizational skills and temperament to balance key responsibilities effectively in a fast-paced, very dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to promote collegial relationships between physicians, staff, vendors and outside parties to further the mission of the practice
If you feel you meet these requirements, please send a complete resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will be rejected. NO recruiters.